- Danielle and Brian celebrated their wedding at Castoro Cellars Winery, a beautiful location for a wedding. The weather couldn't have been more perfect, either. In the midst of this hot hot summer the day was cool and breezy and their midday ceremony and reception was wonderful.
I first met Danielle and Brian last ye[...]
- Intimate weddings are so powerful. There's something amazing about seeing a wedding day stripped down to what really matters. Family. Closest friends. And each other.
Kelly and Drew live in DC and they traveled out here to have their destination wedding at Montana de Oro - a spot that meant a lot to them when they v[...]
- I love looking back at my first newborn session (my great niece!) and seeing how far I've come. Not only in terms of photos but also my level of nerves, ability to handle the newborns, knowing what gear and props to bring, and prepping the parents before hand.
Every little piece of that works together to make these [...]
- I found myself using the term 'wedding professional' the other day, in terms of myself. Weddings ARE my profession. And that delights me, truly and completely.
I honestly believe that the fact that I've shot 60+ weddings gives me valuable experience over those who haven't shot as many weddings. But I also believe th[...]
- Krystal and Dustin are the bees knees!
I hadn't met either of them before the engagement session. All of our correspondence had been done over email, but as I sat at the winery waiting for them to arrive I knew it was them as soon as I saw them.
Krystal works as a teacher, working with special needs students. And[...]
- In some ways maternity is the hardest type of photography, not from my point of view, but for the client. I've never been pregnant, so I can't vouch from personal experience, but I can imagine, and I've heard all the discomforts that go along with carrying and growing another human.
And maternity in the middle of ou[...]
- I seriously fall in love with my clients. They are beautiful, fun, and so in love. It's hard not to smile when you see them.
I get very caught up with the technically side of photography. I want to compose images properly, ensure that the exposure is perfect, the pose works, hairs are tucked away, hands are placed r[...]
- These munchkins fill my heart with so much joy.
I came up with the idea of doing a vintage inspired photo shoot but took forever to decide who to use. I finally decided little Zeb had the perfect face for a vintage shoot, but once I got to their property and saw how well it fit into the vintage theme I knew I made t[...]
- Ever since getting my macbook my favorite thing has been to take these awesome photos with everyone I hang out with - much to the annoyance of everyone I hang out with.
This is my dad. Don't we look dashing?
I'm not the type I ever would have really called a Daddy's Girl. Sure, I did work in his shop with him, an[...]
- "If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."
Love Actually said it best; love is all around. And that's never more true than at weddings.
The funny thing about people being so open and loving toward each other is that you can't help but see why they love each other, [...]
- This little guy has stolen my heart. I dare you to not fall in love with him. He's just cute as a button with those little teeth and rosy cheeks, and at almost 2 years old he's a little parrot and picks up on everything. He's got an older sister who he adores, but mostly he's a mama's boy, though in appearance he's def[...]
- It's crazy to look at these photos of this tiny new baby girl, 12 days old, and realize that before you know it she will be a year old and I'll be taking her one year photos! Now she's just tiny, pink and cute, with a little bit of personality just beginning. But before long we'll know who she is and all her unique tra[...]