- "If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."
Love Actually said it best; love is all around. And that's never more true than at weddings.
The funny thing about people being so open and loving toward each other is that you can't help but see why they love each other, [...]
- This little guy has stolen my heart. I dare you to not fall in love with him. He's just cute as a button with those little teeth and rosy cheeks, and at almost 2 years old he's a little parrot and picks up on everything. He's got an older sister who he adores, but mostly he's a mama's boy, though in appearance he's def[...]
- It's crazy to look at these photos of this tiny new baby girl, 12 days old, and realize that before you know it she will be a year old and I'll be taking her one year photos! Now she's just tiny, pink and cute, with a little bit of personality just beginning. But before long we'll know who she is and all her unique tra[...]
- Destination weddings.
People are drawn to this idea for many reasons. It’s a gorgeous location, it’s a vacation for all involved, it keeps the wedding intimate, it can actually reduce your wedding budget, you’re already ready for your honeymoon adventure.
But my favorite reason — the photographer. No, I’m not tal[...]
- Sometimes I wonder why I do photography.
Yes. The hours are great. When I wake up at 9 and get to the office by 11 I am thrilled about the hours.
But sometimes the hours are awful. When I work every Saturday, or I work from 8 am to 1 am with hardly a break in the day for food. When I turn down going out with frie[...]
- Mondays used to be my day off. And it was amazing. Nobody likes Mondays. It's the start of the work week, your weekend fun is over, there's no sleeping in and that wretched alarm wakes you up on the wrong side of the bed.
So my brilliant plan was to work Saturdays and make Monday my day off. And it WAS awesome... an[...]
- These two are just beautiful. Their wedding day was beautiful. And best of all they made their ceremony not just about them, but also about their son, Will. I absolutely love when a family makes a ceremony a marriage of the family, and invites the kids to join in. I think it says so much about the unity of the family a[...]
- If you're like most people your most treasured photo is probably not your most beautifully crafted photo. The light probably isn't technically right, there may be people crossing in the background, or you may not really like the way you're smiling.
So why is it your favorite photo? Most likely because of the memory [...]
- If you know much about me, you probably know I'm kind of lazy. Kind of.
I don't like running, or even walking to the fridge for food. But when I saw that Run or Dye was coming to my town I felt like I could surely summon up the courage to run a 5k when it promised to be so much fun!
So I signed up months in advan[...]
- People often ask me what I specialize in. And while I often say weddings, truly I specialize in telling your story. Whatever that story may be.
I specialize in people. In the story behind you, and your life.
Next people ask me what my favorite type of shoot is. And I tend to give different answers, based on what [...]
- As I'm sitting here editing the images from this ADORABLE newborn session I realized that I've been doing photography full-time for a whole year now.
And I am SO blessed.
Looking at where I was one year ago, where my business was, and the fear I had in jumping into photography full time, to where I am now I am am[...]
- Giuseppe's in Pismo is one of my absolute favorite restaurants. Their food is amazing, and varies from family style to plated meals. From pizza to pasta. I could go on forever about their food because everything I've had from there is always beyond amazing! And their garden in the back for private parties is absolutely[...]